Cajun Pork and Veg Kebabs
Summertime cooking for me is so much fun. I love to experiment with flavours and spices, but leading a busy lifestyle doesn’t leave me too much time to be in the kitchen. I decided upon tonight’s dinner approximately 5 minutes before throwing it together, and the result was that good and it was so easy to make that I need to share the love. I’m not normally a pork fan, but a bit of seasoning can make the world of difference. So! Here is my recipe for Easy Summer Eats #1.
Recipe (Serves 2)
You will need:
4 Pork Loin Steaks
1 Red Onion
1 Yellow Pepper
Oil to drizzle
8 Wood Skewers
- Preheat the grill
- Dice the pork, onion and pepper
- Skewer onion,pepper,pork and repeat
- Place skewers flat in a tray or on foil and drizzle over oil
- Sprinkle Cajun spices as desired
- Marinade in fridge for an hour
- Place under the grill, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes
I served mine on a bed of fresh greens, with tomato and cucumber. I’m thinking a nice seasoned rice for next time, and maybe some skewered courgette, yum!
Have any summer inspired recipes that are quick and easy? Let me know! I’m always looking to try something new.
P.S. Why not try these with Frozen Smoothie Mix? Great for summer!